Lifeguard Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review Course r.2017
Sunday, December 10, 2017 – 10:00am – 6:00pm
- WVU Recreation Center Pool
- 2001 Recreation Center Drive
- Morgantown, WV 26505
This in-person Instructor/Instructor Trainer review course is the required course for all Lifeguarding Instructors and Instructor Trainers to re-certify. During this course, Lifeguarding Instructors and Instructor Trainers will participate in an in-water practice and polish skills session with their peers and a classroom-based review of Red Cross administrative policies and procedures. Lifeguarding Instructors and ITs may also choose to attend a brief "test out" session following this course to gain a basic-level Lifeguarding certification. Course records for the basic-level Lifeguarding certification will be submitted electronically, as a separate course record at redcross.org/course records.
The cost of this course is $80 for the review only and $135 for the review and optional basic level certification.
To enroll in this course:
- Complete the online Lifeguarding r17 Instructor Update. Call 1-800-Red Cross for details and directions.
- Register in person at SRC Welcome Desk or contact Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org for registration options.
- Review in detail the Instructor & Participant Manual, Videos and information available on Instructors Corner.
- Review skills and be prepared to demonstrate skill proficiency to the standard.
- Bring a copy of the Instructors Manual, Participant Manual (paper or digital), and Instructor r17 Update Certificate.