American Red Cross Lifeguard Review
This spring, the SRC will offer two American Red Cross Lifeguard Review courses. These courses are intended for currently certified lifeguards with valid certification in Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED or those who have not expired by more than 30 days. This recertification option is for currently certified lifeguards to review skills including water rescues, CPR/AED and first aid skills. Individuals who complete the course will receive a two year American Red Cross certificate in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED
- Provide proof of valid Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Pass the following swim test on the day of class:
- 300-yard swim using front crawl or breaststroke
- 2-minute tread using legs only
- Retrieve a 10-lb dive weight from 7 ft deep, surface and swim 20 yds with the weight, using legs only and exit the pool without using a ladder within 100 seconds
Two Class Options:
- Class 1: Sunday, April 8, 2018 - 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Class 2: Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
WVU Student Recreation Center Pool
2001 Recreation Center Drive
Morgantown WV, 26505
$75 WVU Student/Member
Contact Sandra.email@example.com with questions about the American Cross Lifeguard Review course.