Special Events Spring 2013/Groups
- Blood Drives/Chair Massage
- Friendship Weekend
- Random Acts of Kindness Week
- Spring Walking Program
- WVU Employee Family Fun & Fitness Open House
- Wellness Day
- Modified Indoor Triathlon
- 2-Ball Tournament
- Closest to the Pin Golf Event
Blood Drives/Chair Massage
(1) Blood Drive (Court 3 of the 4-Court Gym), January 17, 2013 from 1-7p
(2) Blood Drive (Court 3 of the 4-Court Gym), April 16, 2013 from 1-7p
(1) Chair Massage Monday, January 21, 2013 from 3-5p (Free Zone)
(2) Chair Massage Monday, February 11, 2013 from 3-5p (Free Zone)
(3) Chair Massage Monday, March 4, 2013 from 4-6p (Free Zone)
Friendship Weekend—January 25-27, 2013. During this weekend all WVU Student Recreation Center members can bring one friend to the Rec Center/visit and the Daily Fee will be waived. Please note that the guest MUST be sponsored by a member to have the Daily Fee waived. This offer begins on January 25th @ 4p and extends through January 27th @ 5p.
Random Acts of Kindness Week—February 11-15, 2013. This year marks the Sixth Annual Event for the WVU Student Recreation Center. Look for special events and giveaways each day of the week. Details of the events can be found on the attached poster.
Random Acts of Kindness Poster 2013
Spring Walking Program—“Get Into the Spring of Things” is a spring holiday walking program that will be offered from February 5 – April 5, 2013. The program will require participants to walk a total of 60 miles and will include random prize drawings throughout the program to keep participants on track for program completion. Those who complete the program by walking the total 60 miles will be eligible to win a $100 Lowes gift card. Register today at the Student Recreation Center front desk or by downloading the registration form from the link below. REGISTRATION FEE: Free to members and $10 for non-members (no access to the Rec Center). There are two links below, one for the registration form and one for the walking program cards that you will need for each individual drawing. There will be a drawing station just inside the front desk turnstile where you can drop you cards for each drawing. Good luck everyone and keep on walking!!
Spring walking program registration form
Spring Walking Program Drawing Form
WVU Employee Family Fun & Fitness Open House—February 22, 2013 from 4-8p.
(1) Tours of the facility upon request on a first come, first serve basis
(2) Kids Climb offered on the climbing wall from 4-8p on a first come, first serve basis
(3) FREE access to the facility from 4-8p for all WVU employees and their families when a WVU ID is presented at the front desk.
(4) Spinning exercise class offered at 5:30p in MP-C on a first come, first serve basis
(5) Prize giveaways, including the chance to win a family day pass to the Rec Center.
For complete information go to http://employeewellness.wvu.edu/wvu-employee-health-matters/open_house_celebrations/student-rec-center
Wellness Day—Monday March 4, 2013 from 4-6p. The Rec will be celebrating Wellness Day events to mark the beginning of National Collegiate Health & Wellness Week. Please click on a the link below for a full schedule of events.
Wellness Day 11X17
Modified Indoor Triathlon—Monday, March 4, 2013 beginning at 4:30p. The triathlon will include a 450-yard swim, 4-miles on a spinning bike and a 2-mile run on the Rec Center track. _Registration deadline is March 1, 2013 at 5p. There will be a mandatory pre-race meeting on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 6p at the Rec.
Modified Triathlon Participant Registration Form 2013
2-Ball Tournament—Monday, March 18, 2013. Competition begins at 6p on the Rec Center’s volleyball court of the 3-court gym. This is a pairs competition (men’s, women’s or co-rec with not divisions, just straight competition) that involves shooting from designated spots on the gym floor for 60 seconds. The winning pair will each receive a $50 gift card. Participants may register at the front desk or download a registration form below. Forms must be returned to the WVU Student Rec Center front desk.
2-ball registration form
Closest to the Pin Golf Event—Monday, April 8, 2013 beginning at 6p. The event will be held on the grass turf on the new Rec Center fields on the Evansdale Campus. Each participant will have one shot at the pin that will be located approximately 100 yards from the tee box. Golf clubs will be provided. There will be one male and one female winner. Each of the winners will receive a $50 gift card to Dick’s. No pre-registration is required. Participants will be managed on a first come, first serve basis.