Fitness & Wellness Graduate Assistant Position
The West Virginia University Student Recreation Center is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant for Fitness & Wellness from graduate students who are pursuing degrees in health and fitness related fields. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the overall administration of the Fitness & Wellness program.
- Recruit, schedule, supervise, and evaluate all Fitness & Wellness student staff including group exercise instructors and personal trainers.
- Organize professional development for instructors and personal trainers and conduct monthly meetings.
- Serve as a group exercise instructor and/or personal trainer
- Attend selected group exercise classes in order to provide evaluation and continual feedback to instructors.
- Assist with the coordination of hosting national continuing education certifications and workshops. Provide onsite supervision for weekend workshops and assist vendors to insure a quality program.
- Assist with the Fitness & Wellness staffing
- Assist with biweekly payroll
- Track participation numbers for group exercise classes, personal training packages and wellness programs.
- Monitor group exercise rooms and fitness equipment for safety and cleanliness.
- Assist with Fitness equipment purchases. Compile and maintain current inventory information.
- Provide onsite support during evening and weekend programs and activities.
- Maintain flexible work schedule in order to coordinate and attend evening and weekend events to facilitate operations and respond to emergencies or problems.
- Participate in training student staff during mandatory departmental orientations each semester.
- Assisting with risk management recommendations and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field
- Acceptance into West Virginia University Graduate or PhD program
- Experience teaching Group Exercise Classes and/or Personal Training
- A general interest in health and fitness
Preference given to candidates as follows: Personal Fitness Trainer and/or Group Fitness certified; experience working in a fitness center weight room, knowledge of and successful experience working with a variety of group fitness classes and other fitness programs.
To apply send a resume with cover letter to: Nancy Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or questions, please call 304-293-5065.
- Certified Group Fitness Instructors
* Certified Personal Trainers – must be enrolled as a WVU student
- Student Weight Room Attendants for the Summer and Fall 2017.
Interested candidates can send resumes to:
Nancy Bond email@example.com